Monday, August 1, 2011

Tour Day 3

 Looking out of my hotel window....those are our buses and semi-trucks
    
 

During tour, we visited Washington DC.  I was a little apprehensive about visit my mission area.  But I actually found it very therapeutic and found myself able to readjust my thinking about my mission.  It was a good experience.  It was fun to feel like a tourist.

Amanda and I in front of the Museum of Natural History (where Night at the Museum 2 was filmed)

Wolf Trap outdoor arena in Vienna, Virginia
 It was sooooo hot while we were performing!  I literally had sweat dripping in places that I didn't know could sweat.  During the evening, I kept seeing camera lights blinking, but then I realized they were fireflies!  While it was hot, this performance was magical.  There was an amazing spirit.  The audience felt it too.  There was so much energy and excitement during the entire performance.

This was on the calendar board at Wolf Trap

Looking out towards the audience while we were rehearsing

Choir friends in our NEW Rose dresses, made just for tour.  We get a new dress every tour year.
 Truth be told....we all hate these dresses.  They look like they are from the early 80's.  In fact, I have a dance picture of me & my date...and I'm wearing a dress strikingly similar to these.  The material is too flimsy and shows every cellulite dimple.  However, on the good side, it is a light-weight cool dress to wear during a hot, humid performance!

Our dressing boxes...this is where our dresses are stored during tour.  Each dress is tagged with our Part #.

Me, Amanda, & Janell (carpool buddies) at the WW2 memorial.

More WW2 memorial

Stars representing every American who gave their life during WW2
 My grandfather served in WW2 on a naval ship assigned to stock an air carrier.  His brother served on the air carrier.  One day a Japanese suicide bomber flew his plane into the air carrier and my great uncle was killed.  One of those stars is for him. It was a spirit-filled, reverent place.  There is a pond in front of the stars, with no fountain...just very still water.

At WW2 memorial in front of the Texas monument, talking to my dad on the phone.
Being on the Mall again was such an amazing feeling.  I gave several CDs away to people as we talked about the Choir and our tour.  Our country has so much to be proud of.  I look forward to bringing the kids here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment