Friday, August 12, 2011

PEI Trip





BIENVENUE!!

As I sit here in the hotel drinking my hot chocolate, I am filled with a mixture of anxiety & peace.
Perhaps it's because we've spent all day either in an airport or on a plane.
Perhaps it's because we spent the entire day together knowing we were on a trip together for the first time.

Perhaps it's because when we went to pick up our rental car, they wouldn't rent it to us because we have no credit card.
Perhaps it's because they did give us the car, on the condition that we pay for it up front, which we did with our debit card.

Perhaps it's because when we went to the hotel, we got lost because we weren't on the right road.
Perhaps it's because we borrowed a GPS unit from my dad & then we found the hotel.

Perhaps it's because when we got to the hotel, we couldn't pay for the hotel room because we have no credit card.
Perhaps it's because we had enough Canadian cash to pay for the room up front.

Perhaps it's because we're in a totally new country with different money, different words, & different accents.
Perhaps it's because we're together and we're celebrating 20 years of anxiety & peace.

BIENVENUE!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure businesses can't imagine anyone without a credit card. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy every minute, every square mile! (Now that you've got it all paid for! It's almost like cash isn't legal tender any more!!)
    I still can't believe this is your first trip away together!
    I hope it's everything you've ever dreamed of :)

    ReplyDelete