Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Today I had my preschoolers in school.  They don't come for the first two weeks of school because we are testing during that time.  But today was the day.  I had 7 in my AM class and 17 in my PM class.  Tomorrow I should have about 11 in my AM class.

But I had a parent complain.  I don't know what the complaint was about because that parent didn't approach me first.  Instead, he went straight to the principal.  That makes me mad.  If there was something wrong in my class, with the way I handled something or the way one of my aides handled something, then let me know first.  Have the decency and the courage to speak up and not go behind someone's back.  He sat in class with us all morning and never spoke out about anything.

As far as I can tell, nothing wrong happened.  Nothing wrong was said.  We did our jobs just fine and, humbly speaking, we are good at our jobs.  God blessed me with a gift for working with kids with special needs.  (I will emphasize KIDS with special needs, NOT their parents!)  I know I'm good at what I do.  I know I do it well.

No matter what, I will return to school tomorrow.  I will smile and wave at this parent when he shows up and stays the entire class time again (because I know he will) and I will do what I do best, which is play with kids and love them.

Because that's what it's all about anyway.

Breathe In, Breathe Out, Breathe In, Breathe Out...............remember what's important.

1 comment: