Thursday, December 30, 2010

More Grown Up Than Me

Everyone likes to receive $ as a gift, right?  You can buy anything you want!!  No more settling for something that someone else THINKS you might like or want... You get what you want.  That's exciting....anything.

While thinking about what to get the kids for Christmas, and while asking them hypothetical questions one evening, Jeremy asks us if, instead of presents this year, we just give him the money.

Yeah, we know this drill...no presents, ask for the money, go and spend it on what you will.  Because he knows I won't buy him a snake. Because he knows I won't know exactly which heat light or infrared lamp bulb to get.  Because he knows he doesn't want any clothes.  Why put up with that?

But again, I was wrong. (I seem to be wrong a lot lately!)

When asked what he would spend his money on, he replied, "I just want to give it away to someone who needs it more than me.  I've got so much stuff already.  Someone else needs it more."

How do you say NO to that?

The sadness that was experienced was actually by us, because he didn't want us to buy him anything.  We did anyway, and then gave him $.

He's a lot more grown up than me.



P.S.  I wrote this while on Benadryl....if it doesn't make sense or there's some punctuation or spelling error, that's why.  Good Niiiggghhhhhh.....zzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment