Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Poop

Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday.  There are some fun things about it.... unlimited amounts of candy (which is my drug of choice in times of need), fall decorations, little kids dressing up.

One year, JBJ wanted to be a "bwack eh-fant".  Please understand that I am not a fan of dressing up.  I don't like to pretend. I don't like to be in skits.  I am boring, and proud of it.
So I handed this assignment over to BJ.  And he faithfully & diligently took it.  JBJ was THE cutest "bwack eh-fant" EVER being pulled from house to house in a red wagon. 

I also remember the year EJ received a hand-me-down Unicorn costume.  My job was to simply put it on her.  Glory Be!!! No creativity, just practicality!!  And she was warm!

Ah, those were the days!  Going to maybe.... 10?...houses and then being done, because the math equation:   More houses = More candy   had not sunk in yet into little minds.

These days we no longer Trick-or-Treat (and I am openly JOYOUS about it!), but we go to Family Halloween Parties, which involve apple bobbing, donut eating, feasting on soup, charades, & plenty of candy.

This year, our niece cleverly handed out cute pumpkin bags filled with candy to everyone.  Attached was this tag:

Pumpkin Poop
I started to carve a pumpkin
With my carving knife and scoop,
But the pumpkin got so scared,
He took a little poop.

It looked so cute and funny,
Just like a candy treat.
So I'm sharing it with you now,
Because you are so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment